- 1.5 oz Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1.5 oz Chocolate Liqueur
- 1.5 oz Coffee Liqueur
- 10 oz Ice Cream Vanilla ideally
- 1 ea Chocolate Syrup Optional – To Decorate
- Gather your ingredients.
- Decorate the glass with chocolate syrup (optional). The key is to quickly rotate the glass in your hand while holding it at an angle to the syrup.
- Pour the liquor into a smoothie maker (or blender). Add the ice cream. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glass & enjoy!
- This is a pretty basic version of the adult milkshake. You can get really creative with this though by substituting ingredients. Some ideas:
- Use banana liqueur with strawberries and chocolate liqueur to create a banana split
- Use hazelnut or almond liqueur to give it a nutty taste
- Use any sort of flavored vodka to impart a unique taste
- Wondering how I got the top of the drink nicely swirled with chocolate? I poured a dab of chocolate syrup on the top and then used a toothpick to create the swirl design. It’s much easier than it looks!
- Some folks might find this to be a bit “strong” tasting for a dessert drink. If you’re sensitive to the taste of alcohol, try reducing to 2oz or 3oz of liqueur.