- 1 ea Pizza Crust See notes
- 1 ea Blackened Cajun Chicken Breast See notes
- 1 ea Barbecue Sauce I used Sweet Baby Ray's
- 1 ea Banana Peppers Sliced
- 1 ea Capers
- 1 ea Cheddar Cheese Freshly shredded
- 1 ea Mozzarella Cheese Freshly shredded
- I cook my pizzas on a Green Egg. This is one of the few setups I'll traditionally use. Because I like to cook these pizzas at 700+ degrees, I'll usually get the egg going an hour before I'm ready to use it. Anyways, onto the recipe!
- Prepare your dough. Put it on a well floured surface and ensure you'll be able to easily transfer it off.
- Apply an amount of BBQ sauce to the crust of your liking (in this case, the top crust is the BBQ one).
- Evenly distribute the chicken, peppers, and capers.
- Evenly sprinkle on the cheese (top of photo again).
- Place in your oven / egg and keep a close eye on it. Be sure to heavily flour or apply corneal to the pizza stone! Otherwise your pizza will stick and be ruined (speaking from painful experiences here).
- If you're using a setup similar to mine, you'll want to remove your pizza somewhere between 30 seconds and a minute. Don't let it burn. Enjoy!
- I apologize for not better measuring out my ingredients here. Sometimes I get a bit carried away or just don’t have time and forget to document what I’m doing.
- For the pizza crust, I used my recipe for Pizza Crust Low-Mid Rise.
- For the chicken, I used my recipe for Blackened Cajun Chicken.
- Cooking pizza is a bit of an art. Everyone has a different opinion on how to do it, what crust to use, whether to partially pre-bake the crust, etc. Find what works for you. I prefer to use flour rather than cornmeal. I don’t usually pre-bake my crust, but I would definitely need to if I didn’t let pizza stone get super hot first.
- Curious about that pizza with the chocolate sauce in the images? Check it out here Caramel Smore Pizza.