- 4 ea Tortillas Large Size
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese Shredded. Sub American if desired.
- 6 ea Bacon Slices Crumbled – See notes
- 1 lb Ground Beef I use 80/20
- 3 tbs Dill Relish
- 1/2 ea Diced Onion White – Optional
- 2 tbs Seasoned Salt Or other seasoning of your choice
- Gather and prep your ingredients.
- Brown your beef (and apply the seasoning) while you warm the onion and bacon crumbles.
- Place the tortillas on a cool(er) section of the griddle and add the cheese to them. At the same time, mix the relish, onion, and bacon in with the beef.
- Add the beef to one half of the tortilla, fold, and apply pressure with a burger or bacon press.
- Flip your quesadilla when the side in contact with the griddle has browned a bit. Remove when the 2nd side has browned.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you’re wondering why my video doesn’t match the appearance of my photos, it’s because I made these a couple times (once with onion and once without – about a year apart). For what it’s worth, I think they’re better with the onion. 😉
- There’s a happy medium here for the ground beef. If you cook it too long, it’ll get dried out, but you don’t want grease dripping from the quesadilla either (at least I don’t). Just something to be mindful of. 😉
- For the bacon crumbles, follow my recipe here for Crispy Bacon Bits.
- This quesadilla dips well in my burger sauces. Try one of these: Zesty Burger Sauce, Burger Dipping Sauce, Big Mac Burger Sauce