- 4 oz Brandy Korbel ideally
- 1 ea Bitters
- 1 oz Maraschino Cherry Juice
- 1 splash Lemon Lime Soda
- 1 ea Sugar Cube About 1 teaspoon
- 2 ea Maraschino Cherries
- 1 ea Orange Slice
- 1 ea Blackberry Optional
- 1 ea Ice to fill
- Gather your ingredients
- Add the orange, blackberry, cherries, sugar, and bitters at the bottom of the glass.
- Muddle!!!! Muddle till you can't recognize the ingredients.
- I like to remove the orange at this point. Many don't.
- Add brandy, then ice, and splash of soda
- Stir and drink!
- Every supper club and Wisconsinite has their own slight variation of this drink.
- For this drink, I used brandy soaked cherries and dark cherry bitters to give it a little extra zing. Many people prefer orange bitters in their old fashioned. Play around with it!
- The blackberry isn’t very common. It’s my own little twist of sorts.
- If you can’t get sugar cubes (because apparently Wisconsinites hoard them during COVID-19 quarantines), then I’d go with a premium sugar. Pure cane has a slightly brown tint to it and is a bit more coarse than typical granulated sugar. I really love it for these drinks.
- You can try substituting my recipe for Simple Syrup rather than the sugar cube if you’d prefer.