- 1 ea Detroit Style Pizza Dough See notes for recipe.
- 1 ea Pizza Sauce See notes for recipe.
- 1/2 lb Brick Cheese You can sub, but this is one of the things that makes Detroit Style pizza unique.
- 1 ea You favorite toppings. I used bacon, large spicy sausages, and pepperoni.
- 1 ea Shredded Cheese. I used a little freshly shredded Gouda and Havarti since I didn't have any Mozzarella.
- Gather your ingredients. Set your oven for 450 degrees.
- Cut your cheese into cubes and place around the pizza. Be sure to place some up against the edges to get that classic caramelized crust edge.
- Spread around a healthy amount of pizza sauce (I placed some under my cheese as well). Add your toppings.
- Top with some shredded cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling. Enjoy!
- For anyone who grew up in Wisconsin during the 1990’s, you know of Rocky Rococo’s pizza. While Rocky’s calls itself Chicago Deep Dish, it’s actually Detroit Style Pan Pizza. Regardless, it is amazing.
- For the sauce, I used my Sweet Pizza Sauce Recipe.
- For the crust, use my recipe for Detroit Style Pizza Dough.
- If you wanted authentic Windy City pizza, here is my Chicago Deep Dish Pizza Recipe.