- 1 cup Flour I used all-purpose.
- 3/4 tsp Yeast
- 1/2 tbs Salt Kosher.
- 1/2 cup Water Very warm.
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 ea Olive Oil
- Gather your ingredients.
- Combine the salt and flour in a mixing bowl. Separately combine the sugar, water, and yeast. Ensure the water is foamy and yeast activated.
- Combine the liquid into the mixing bowl. Mix.
- After 10 minutes or so, a nice ball should have formed. If not, add water (if dough is too dry) or flour (if dough is too sticky) incrementally to correct.
- Store in a covered bowl in a warm spot for at least a few hours.
- Lightly rub olive oil in the bottom and sides of a pan (I used cast iron since I don't have a traditional Detroit Pizza Pan). Gently stretch the dough. Let it rest 10 minutes. Then finish stretching. Get to work on the pizza now! 😉
- This recipe makes enough dough for a relatively small (9″ X 9″) pan pizza. Adjust accordingly.