- 1 ea Venison Tenderloin Trimmed of fat and silver skin removed.
- 1 ea Marinade See notes for recipe.
- 1 ea Rub I used salt, pepper, and dried garlic.
- Gather your ingredients. You'll want your grill set for hot, direct cooking (but do that after marinating!).
- Follow my steps (link in notes) for marinating the tenderloin.
- Pat dry the meat. Liberally add your rub / seasonings.
- Place the tenderloin on the grill. Flip after 4-5 minutes. Pull when internal temp hits 120 to 125.
- Let the meat rest.
- Slice somewhat thin and serve. Enjoy!
- Here is my recipe for Venison Marinade.
- This isn’t a buttermilk marinade. It won’t fully remove the “gamey” taste of the venison, but it does greatly mellow it.