- Food Processor
- 4 cups Ham Adjust recipe as needed for different amounts. See notes.
- 4 ea Eggs Hard boiled & diced. See notes
- 1 ea Celery Stalk (all the sticks) Chopped
- 4 tbs Minced Onion Dried is fine
- 1.25 cups Mayo Sub Miracle Whip if you want to add a little Zing to the flavor. 😉
- 4 tbs Relish
- 2 tsp Mustard I like Dijon for this recipe
- 1 ea Salt To taste
- 1 ea Pepper To Taste
- 1 ea Bread Optional
- 1 ea Cheese Optional
Create the Ham Salad
- Gather those ingredients. Chop, dice, etc. Trim any excess fat from the ham.
- Place the ham (and only the ham) into the food processor. Process that stuff till it's nice and fine.
- Add the ham and all other ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Stir until the salad is uniform. Taste test it. Add any extra quantities or ingredients you need to elevate the dish to your liking.
Make a Sandwich (Optional)
- Place the salad onto bread. I used Ciabatta in this instance. Place any cheese you want on top of the salad.
- If you want it baked, stick it in a toaster oven until the cheese had melted.
- Eat and enjoy!
- The ham salad you create here is great on crackers or even on its own. It’s that good!
- Adjust the ingredients to your liking. Mayo, Relish, and Celery adjustments can yield very different textures and tastes. I’ve had fun adding chopped bacon, horseradish, creole seasoning, hot pepper power, etc. Experiment and find your perfect mix!
- Need some help hard boiling those eggs? Check out my recipe for Hard Boiled Eggs!
- Want to use something more than a standard cut of ham? Try my recipe for Maple Bourbon Smoked Ham