- 1 ea Egg Use as many as you need
- Place the egg in a pot with water rising about 1" above the egg. Cover the pot.
- Turn the stove on high heat
- When the water begins to boil at a fury, start your timer and reduce to medium high heat. Keep pot covered.
- Remove the egg(s) at 6 minutes. Let cool and then remove the shells.
- I’ve found this recipe and timing to make the “perfect” hard boiled egg. The coloring and texture is spot on all the time.
- I do not add any salt to the boiling water in this instance.