- 1 ea Morel Mushrooms Fresh – As many as you can get your hands on
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper Use less if you desire
- Gather your ingredients.
Clean & Prep the Mushrooms
- Fill a large bowl with water, leaving room to put the mushrooms in.
- Submerge the mushroom and use a paper towel to keep them that way. Put in the fridge for 3 hours.
- Remove the mushrooms and cut them in half.
- Return to the water with paper towel for another hour or so.
- Remove your mushrooms from the water and ensure any remaining dirt is cleaned off.
Cook the Mushrooms
- In a large plastic bag, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Toss the mushrooms in the flour mix.
- Remove the mushrooms and carefully shake free any excess flour.
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pan on medium heat. We want a thick layer of butter for the mushrooms to cook in and we want it hot. Put the mushrooms in for about 6 minutes.
- Flip your mushrooms for another 6 minutes or so.
- Remove the shrooms and let them dry on paper towel. Enjoy!
- If you want a bit more “pure” morel experience, try sauteing them. (Recipe to come in the future!).