- 2 pieces Bread Use something fancy. Or even a crusty baguette!
- 2 slices Cheese I used 1 slice of American and 1 slice of Mozzarella here. Mix it up and have fun!
- 2 tbsp Pesto Use more or less to your liking. See notes for recipe.
- 1 ea Filler I used sundried tomato here, but bacon, ham, tomato slices, etc. all work too!
- 1 ea Olive Oil Can sub butter if you want.
- Gather your ingredients. Set your griddle / stove for low heat. The key to getting a golden crust and melted cheese is low (or medium depending on your stove) heat.
- Place the first layer of cheese on the bread.
- Spread the pesto on top of the cheese. You really don't need too much.
- Add your filler!
- Top with the second layer of cheese.
- Apply the olive oil (or butter) lightly to one side and then place down on your griddle or pan. Then apply a light layer to the top piece of bread.
- I covered my sandwich to ensure the cheese would melt before the bread burned. Flip the sandwich when the first side is golden brown and brown the other side.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- It’s important to put the pesto between two cheese layers otherwise the oil in the pesto will made the bread greasy and soggy.
- Click here for my Pesto recipe.