- 2 cups Basil Fresh, packed tight
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Freshly grated
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pine nuts You can sub other nut varieties here if you'd like
- 1 ea Salt & Pepper To taste
- Gather your ingredients….. yes, I harvested two entire basil plants from my garden for this. 😉
- Add everything except the olive oil in a food processor. Process until everything is nicely chopped up.
- Slowly add the olive oil while continuing to process. Adjust olive oil quantity to meet the desired consistency you want for your pesto.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- You can store fresh pesto in the fridge for about a week. If you want to freeze it, put it into a container and add a thin layer of olive oil on top.