- 1 cup Carrots Sliced
- 2 ea Shallots Sliced
- 2 ea Sweet Peppers Sliced
- 2 cups Water
- 1.5 cups Rive Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp Ginger Freshly Grated
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbs Sugar
- Gather your ingredients.
- Slice up all those veggies!
- Combine all ingredients (except the veggies) into a pot over the stove and heat. Stir.
- We want the marinade to be hot, but not so hot as to melt the bag we are about to pour it into (with the veggies). 😉 Let sit on the counter for 2 hours or so.
- Drain the pickling fluid. You're done!
- Enjoy immediately or store in your fridge for when you're ready to enjoy. 🙂
- This is a recipe that I incorporate into Thai dishes. Obviously with some tweaking you can modify the flavors / vegetables to fit other meal types as well.