- 1 ea Egg
- 1 tbs Vinegar
- Bring a large pot of water (at least 4" of water depth) to a near boil (we don't want a rapid / violent boil). Add the vinegar. Crack and strain the egg. This will eliminate some of those "whispers" you sometimes see with poached eggs.
- Transfer the egg from the strainer to a ladle or small bowl.
- Create a vortex in the pot of water. I do this by circling a spatula in the water at a swift pace. Creating this vortex will help your egg stay compact.
- Gently drop the egg into the center of the vortex.
- Let cook for 3 minutes. A little less if you want it softer. A little more if you want it firmer.
- Remove the egg and dry it gently with paper towel.
- You're egg is now ready.