- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup White Sugar
- 4 tbs Salt Coarse
- 4 tbs Paprika
- 3 tbs Black Pepper
- 3 tbs Onion Powder
- 3 tbs Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tbs Seasoning Optional – Cayenne, Chili, etc. See notes.
- Gather your ingredients
- Add all ingredients into a bowl
- Mix until the ingredients are uniformly distributed.
- I used Eel River Pepper Company’s Smoked Serrano Powder for this particular batch.
- While it has pork in the name, you can use this rub for any low and slow cook (meaning low temp and slow timing). It’s heavy on sugar so you wouldn’t want to use this on a high temp or sear cook as it would burn.