- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 ea Small Onion I suggest a yellow onion.
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced.
- 2 cups Red Wine Use the real stuff. Not cooking wine.
- 2.5 tbs Dijon
- 8 tbs Butter In 1 tbs slices.
- 1 ea Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Gather your ingredients.
- Simmer to onion and garlic in olive oil until softened.
- Add the wine and mustard.
- Bring the sauce to a boil.
- Continue to reduce the sauce until it's at about 50% or greater. We want it to ideally be syrupy.
- Optional – Strain your sauce.
- Over low heat, melt the butter into the sauce and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- I’m generally not a red wine sauce guy (surprising for a guy who likes red wine and sauces). However, this sauce I thought really did a great job bringing out the beef flavor in a steak.