- 1 lb Sausage I used hot Italian here
- 2 tbs Butter Salted
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 3 cups Heavy Cream You can sub milk if you really want
- 3 tsp Seasoning See notes
- Gather your ingredients.
- Brown the sausage in a large pan.
- Add the butter and mix into the sausage until fully coated. Slowly sprinkle the flour into the sausage and stir. The sausage should be well coated and all flour fully blended into it.
- Add the cream (low heat!). Stir.
- Continue to stir and reduce the cream until you've reached your desired viscosity.
- Add the seasoning. Stir. Adjust as needed
- Serve & Enjoy!
- I’m a HUGE sausage gravy guy. Don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say this is simply my favorite!
- For this recipe I used 3 tsp of my Cajun Rub for seasoning and 1 tsp of black pepper. You can play around and modify the seasonings. The great thing about sauce is you can always add some seasoning, taste, and adjust. Remember though, you can’t take it out once it goes in, so use small adjustments.
- Have some fun with changing this up a bit. Andouille, mild Italian, turkey, venison, etc. are all fun sausage types you can try.