- 1 lb Mushrooms
- 4 tbs Butter Unsalted
- 4 ea Garlic Cloves Minced
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 splash White Wine
- 1 ea Herbs (rosemary, parsley, etc) Chopped, to Taste
- 1 ea Salt To Taste
- 1 ea Pepper To Taste
- Gather your ingredients. Clean your mushrooms!
- Add olive oil and the shrooms to a pan over medium heat
- Stir and cook mushrooms until they have nicely browned. Turn heat to low or simmer.
- Add the butter, herbs, garlic,, salt, and butter. Stir and cook.
- As the liquid reduces, add a splash of white wine and continue to cook.
- Remove mushrooms when they are done to your liking.
- I find it best to brown the mushrooms over medium or high heat and then add the butter after cooling things off. This decreases the chance of the butter burning
- I tend to add a fair amount of salt to this dish. If you’re using salted butter though, you very well might not want to add any.
- I didn’t do a great job mincing my garlic as you can see in the photos. Do better than I did. 🙂 Also, if you’re not a garlic lover, I’d maybe reduce the recipe to 3 cloves.
- The great thing about this dish is you can sample mushrooms along the way to know how close you’re getting. Not only in tenderness, but also if any salt or pepper needs to be added, etc.