- 1/2 lb Mushrooms I prefer baby bella, but most kinds work fine
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil You'll likely need more
- 1 ea Salt To taste
- 1 tbsp Butter Optional
- Slice the mushrooms (or buy pre-sliced ones!)
- Warm the olive oil in a pan over low-medium heat and then add the shrooms. Toss them to lightly coat with the olive oil. Add some more oil if needed.
- Stir / toss occasionally. Add a little olive oil if they seem at risk of burning. Eventually, they'll start releasing water and you'll want to avoid there being too much oil in the pan. It's a balancing act.
- As the water boils off, the shrooms will soften and be almost done. Now is the time to add some salt and butter if you want. Remove the mushrooms when they are done to your liking and enjoy!