- 1.5 lbs Chicken Wings Bone In
- 1 ea Rub I used Applewood Rub. See notes for recipe or use your own favorite.
- Gather your ingredients and wash those wings under cold water.
- Generously apply the rub to all the wings and let them sit while you fire your grill up for 350 indirect. I used apple wood chunks (don't confuse with the name of the rub) for smoke.
- Place the wings on the grill. Close the lid & walk away.
- After about 30 minutes or when the wings reach 165 degrees internal, they are done.
- Remove the wings and let cool for a few minutes.
- Serve & Enjoy!
- Here is my recipe for Applewood Rub.
- I think these are perfect for dipping in my Blue Cheese & Dill Dip
- I personally prefer cooking these indirect at 350 because it gets the skin crispy enough without burning the Applewood Rub. However, you can smoke at 225 degrees for about 2 hours and then finish them over direct heat to crisp up the skin (use a different rub if you go this route as the Applewood Rub will burn).