- 1 lb Hot Pork Sausage Sub other sausage varieties if you want.
- 1/2 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Grated
- 1 ea Egg
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Parsley Chopped
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Hot preferably.
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 pinch Salt & Pepper
- 1 ea Your favorite tomato based sauce. See notes.
- Gather your ingredients. Get your sauce simmering on the stove.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Begin scooping and forming the sausage mixture into balls of your preferred size.
- I personally prefer my meatballs to be kiwi sized or so. But hey, to each their own.
- In a pan with a little bit of olive oil, brown the outside of the meatballs. This will give them a nice crispy texture when you bite into them and it also helps hold them together for the next step.
- Gently dip your meatballs into the sauce. Slowly stir until they are well coated and continue to simmer the sauce until the internal temperature of the meatballs has reached 160 degrees.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- I quickly threw together a sauce for these that turned out much better than I expected. I wish I had done a better job documenting it, but it was approximately as follows:
- 2 – 12oz cans of tomato sauce
- 6 – cloves minced garlic
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- Onion & Garlic powder to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste