- 1 cup Cheddar Shred fresh if possible
- 1 cup Monterrey Jack Shred fresh if possible
- 1 cup Oaxaca Shred fresh if possible. Sub Monterrey Jack if needed.
- 2 tbs Cornstarch
- 2 tbs Butter Salted
- 3 ea Garlic Cloves Minced
- 8 oz Green Chili Peppers Chopped
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1.5 tsp Cayenne Powder Adjust to desired level of heat
- 12 oz Evaporated Milk Not Sweetened
- 1 ea Milk As needed
- 1 ea Green Chili Peppers Optional – Garnish
- 1 ea Cilantro Optional – Chopped Garnish
- Gather your ingredients
- Toss the shredded cheese and cornstarch until the cheese is evenly coated
- In a large pan or small pot, melt the butter or low heat. Add the garlic. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Add the peppers and seasoning. Stir well.
- Add the evaporated milk, continuing to stir.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low.
- Add shredded cheese slowly and stir in.
- Continue to stir until smooth consistency is achieved. Add milk as needed to thin.
- This is admittedly not one of my favorite queso dips (yet). I’ll be tweaking and updating the recipe as I work to improve it.