- 1.5 cups Rice Use Risotto rice (Carnaroli, Arborio, or Vialone Nano).
- 32 oz Chicken Broth You can use stock, but I prefer broth here as it better highlights the truffles.
- 4 tbs Butter Unsalted.
- 1 cup White Wine Preferably dry.
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Freshly grated. Use the good aged stuff.
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 ea Shallots Minced
- 1 ea Truffle Salt To Taste – I used White Truffle Salt here.
- 1 ea Pepper To Taste – Freshly cracked.
- 3 tbs Truffle Oil Use a naturally flavored oil please.
- 1 ea Parsley To Garnish
- 1 ea Truffle Optional (But highly recommended). I used fresh shaved White Truffle & Burgundy Truffle in this case.
- Gather your ingredients.
- Before we go further, can we admire these gorgeous truffles from Urbani?
- Bring your chicken broth to a hot simmer in a pot on the stove. We'll want to leave it simmering.
- In a large pan, melt your butter. Sautee the shallots and garlic. Just until they get fragrant. I use medium low heat from here on out.
- Add the rice. Stir until the rice begins to "pop" a bit. Don't let it brown.
- Add your wine.
- Continue stirring until the wine is largely absorbed.
- Add a ladle of broth. Stir until absorbed. Repeat until the risotto texture is achieved (about 20 minutes or so). I usually use all of the broth to get it to where I want it.
- Reduce heat to low. Add the Parmesan cheese. Stir until combined.
- Add the salt and pepper to your taste.
- Remove the pan from the heat source. Add your truffle oil.
- Stir until well blended.
- Garnish with Parsley and then shaved truffles immediately.
- Serve and enjoy. Enjoy a ton!
- You’ll notice I made a lot more notes in my ingredient list than I normally do. That’s because while specific or fresh ingredients are often preferred, in a dish like this they really should be a requirement. Truffle Risotto simply is a dish that you don’t want to skimp on.
- If you don’t have access to fresh truffles, this recipe will still taste great assuming you use the right rice, Parmesan, and truffle oil. You can add some mushrooms as well.
- This recipe makes enough risotto for 2 full portions. If using as a side you could probably feed 4-6 people with it. Adjust accordingly.
- I have a couple sources I use for fresh truffles. In this case, I used truffles from https://www.urbani.com/.
- Want to try some of my other truffle recipes? Here you go!