- 1 ea Ribeye Filet I used an American Wagyu from Snake River Farms.
- 1 ea Salt Coarse to season.
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil More or less may be needed.
- 1 ea Drunk Onion & Mushroom Topper See notes for recipe.
- Remove the steak from the fridge 30-60 minutes before cooking. Set oven for 350. Liberally apply coarse salt to both sides.
- Place a pan on the stove over high heat. Add olive oil. Let it get hot, but place the steak on the pan in the olive oil before the oil starts to smoke.
- Cook for about 3 minutes per side. Flip and remove when each side gets crisped to your desired level. Place in oven until your desired internal temperature is reached. For a ribeye filet, I suggest not letting it back past 130.
- Remove the steak from the oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes while you warm up your topper if you premade it.
- Apply the topper to the steak.
- Serve and enjoy!!!!
- This steak and topper combination is one of the best I have made. And it’s relatively healthy compared to some of the blue cheese and béarnaise toppers I often jump for.
- Click here for my drunk Balsamic Whiskey Onions Mushrooms topper.