- 2 parts Bourbon Or regular whiskey if you must
- 3/4 part Lemon Juice Freshly squeezed
- 1/2 part Egg White Optional, but come on. Live a little!
- 1/2 part Simple Syrup See notes
- 1 ea Bitters To taste / decorate
- 1 ea Orange slice, Maraschino Cherry, etc Optional, to garnish
- Gather your ingredients and place all into a cocktail shaker with ice
- Shake vigorously until egg white has foamed. Strain into glass, garnish / decorate, & enjoy!
- Wondering what to do with that leftover egg yolk? Make Traditional Eggs Benedict!
- I’ll post the simple syrup recipe later on this month, but in short dissolve 1 cup of sugar into 1 cup of water in a sauce pan over medium heat while stirring. Takes about 3 minutes and can be stored in your fridge up to a month!
- See my recipe for Simple Syrup if you’re unfamiliar with this ingredient.